Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe
(Adapted from Good Housekeeping Best-Loved Desserts)
2 cups all-purpose flour#
3/4 tsp salt#
1/2 tsp baking powder#
1/2 tsp baking soda#(sifted)
10 tbsp (1 1/4 sticks) butter or margarine, softened (mokwo use 150gm)
1 cup pack dark brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup chopped dried persimmon
- beat butter n sugar til fluffy. scrapping the side most of the time.
- add in eggs to the mixture one at the time with mixer is in medium speed mode.
- add in the sifted ingredients alternating with milk till finish.
- finally put in chopped persimmon that already pre-mixed with a little flour.
- pour the mixture in the greased and lined baking pan ( mokwo used the 8" spuare pan)
- bake at 170 C for 40-60 minit.